Thursday, April 7, 2011

my brain

Every year I purchase a new agenda with good intentions of being organized and every year I find each certain agenda is missing some feature or has a layout that doesn't quite jive with me. Until this year. I found it. Enter the momAgenda. I received a purple momAgenda from my mom for Christmas and love, love, love it. It is the only agenda that I have used religiously every day and has kept me organized, kind of like my external brain. I left it at work on accident over a weekend and felt lost. What are we doing this week? What appointments do we have? What am I making for supper? Who am I? Who are you? Okay, so it wasn't that dramatic. But I was relieved to get it back and realize I hadn't missed anything important, because my boys not only stole my heart when they were born I'm pretty sure they took most of my brain and memory as well. If it's not wrote down, it's likely not going to happen.

My favorite feature about this agenda is that each of us have our own row. I can keep track of each persons appointments, events, etc. separate from mine. Now that the boys are getting older this is quite handy and will only be more efficient for me as they begin participating in more activities. Right now since we only have the two kiddos, they each get a row, Matt gets a row and I keep track of bills due on the fourth. On the bottom is a row to plan meals.

This week I noticed "my brain" starting to come apart at the seams. (Matt, however will claim my brain started coming apart at the seams years ago.) Nothing major, and not overly surprising since I tote it all over, but I sent a quick email to customer service just to let them know. About 20 minutes later I received a reply; she apologized and said a new one would go out that same day. Whoa...what? They make awesome agendas and have awesome customer service?! She said they were out of purple and asked me to choose any other color, so I went crazy with the zebra print. I'm one of those strange people that get excited about new agendas, notebooks, crayons, pencils, etc. I'm forever a Kindergartner at heart. My new brain should be here Monday; I'm excited to start filling it out. I used to wait all week for the weekend to get here, now I can't wait until Monday so my new planner will arrive...I think it's official. I'm a nerd.

2 comments:

  1. Every Summer when they bring out the new school supplies, I get really excited! There's nothing like new pens, pencils, ect.!!! What a fun way to stay on top of things!

    ReplyDelete