Saturday, April 16, 2011

fun finds

The boys and I ventured to Joanie's Junk this morning. I'd heard fabulous things about the shop, so the first free weekend we had we went to check it out and were definitely not disappointed! She had some beautiful furniture pieces in the shop and trust me, I racked my brain as to where I could put a few pieces, but I just came home with a few small treasures.

I found another of my favorite turquoise Ball mason jars. I LOVE these jars, but they are somewhat hard to find. I have two others, but this is the first I found with a lid. I snatched it up about two seconds after walking in the door. It's living in my windowsill for the moment.


 My next find was this sweet chalkboard for only 50 cents. I knew it had to come home with me. I'm not sure where it will land, but I stuck it outside the front door for today. I wanted to write something creative and profound on it....obviously couldn't come up with anything. :-)

My last find was the reason we ventured over today. I saw the globe posted on Facebook and needed to go see it. I don't know what it is, but I cannot turn down a globe. Matt thinks I'm crazy, but I think they're so fun and colorful. I threw it atop one of my shelves when we got home.

I can't wait to go back...maybe without the boys. They were quite good after I enforced the "touch with just one finger" rule. They were quite the helpers finding lots of fun treasures they thought we should take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment