Thursday, April 14, 2011

allergy update

Landon had his follow up appointment this morning with his allergist. It was a good, non-eventful appointment. His allergist was running over an hour behind, which bothered me more than the boys. It actually turned out to be a blessing. Landon was playing at a train table in the lobby with another little boy who looked to be slightly older than him. Landon can and does make friends with darn near everybody, but hearing him talk to this boy warmed my heart. His name was Nate. Nate told Landon he was there to get some more allergy shots. Landon told me later "Mom, that boy Nate...he has an allergy, too. That's kinda cool isn't it?" I think he was pretty happy to meet another little boy that had an allergy like him.

Tonight I was at the store getting groceries and I happened down the snack aisle. I got pissed off at the jars of cashews. I may have even gave them "the look". Something so simple, yet so dangerous for my son. It's irritating. But I know it could be so much worse. I believe a cashew/tree nut allergy will be easier to manage in life versus various other foods.

The boys and I enjoyed a lazy afternoon today, we all tooks naps and watched Cars. Perfect for a rainy, Spring day.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear I am not the only one that gets pissed off in the nut aisle. I feel so much better now. :o) Have a fun Friday with the boys! See you when we get back....

    ReplyDelete