1. First things first...water. At least three gallons per person in the household (don't forget pets!) We have one Bug Juice in the fridge that we could all fight over I guess. Better put some bottled jugs on my shopping list!
2. At least three days worth of non-perishable food. I think we would be fine here, as long as no one was picky...which means we likely wouldn't be fine. Anyone know of a non-perishable brand of chicken nuggets? Then we'd be golden.
3. At least five days of pet food for your favorite, furry friend. I guess we get a point here because we do generally keep at least half a bag on hand for our dear Penelope.
4. Battery-powered radio. Ummm....nope, guess I shouldn't rely on cell reception and iPods for too long!
5. Flashlights and candles. We're good on the flashlight front....new batteries and all. No back-ups on hand, minus one point. :-( Although we have plenty of candles and I know where the matches are! Yeah, plus one!
6. First-Aid Kit. We don't necessarily have it all together in a kit, but our medicine cabinet is busting at the seams with various supplies.
I'd say our score isn't so great...definitely room for improvement! I think this list is very bare bones when you think about it. Add babies to the household and a whole other list could be generated. Diapers, wipes, ready to pour formula, baby food, etc.
How about you? Did you pass the test?